News Brought to You by Outstanding Students From Nauset Regional High School

Nauset Horizons

THE NBA IS RIGGED

Something’s up with the NBA

Steven Leach, Author

As we get to the end of the First Round in the NBA Playoffs, some people wonder whether or not  it’s going to be the same match up in the Finals for the third year in a row, or if another team will step up and take a spot in the Finals.

This begs the question of whether or not the NBA playoffs are rigged.

Nauset Senior sports enthusiast Sam Rothwell says “No the playoffs aren’t rigged.”

The Golden State Warriors and the Cleveland Cavaliers have played each other in the Finals for two years in a row, with the Warriors taking the dub in the first matchup, and LeBron and the Cavs finally bringing a Championship to Cleveland, ending the 51 year drought for a Championship in the city of Cleveland.

In the 2014-2015 NBA season, the Warriors took everyone by surprise when they ended with a record of (67-15), finishing as the Top Seed in the Western Conference. Originally, everyone thought it was going to be another Greg Popovich vs. LeBron James matchup in the Finals.

Fellow sports enthusiast Joe Nash says “I don’t think the playoffs are rigged, I think the talent is unbalanced throughout the league.”

With the continuation of the Warriors vs. Cavaliers in the Finals for two years now, there needs to be another team in the league to step up and become a legit contender for the Title.

The Boston Celtics have a real chance to become a contender, all they need to do is add another “Super Star” to play along with Isaiah Thomas and Al Horford. The San Antonio Spurs are also a team that has a chance to be an actual contender; all they need to do is have add another player to go along with Kawhi Leonard.