Nauset Horizons

Migos Trap Rap Drop “Culture II”

Dyllon McNeil, Reporter

The Migos, three American hip hop rappers from Atlanta, were discovered in 2009. Known by their nicknames, Quavo, Offset, and Takeoff, the Migos are the hottest rappers in the game at this point.

Y.R.N. made it to the Billboard in 2013 as well as their single “Versace.” The single was produced by Zaytoven and peaked at number 99 on the Billboard, Y.R.N. was  named the 27th-best album of 2013 and sixth-best hip-hop album of 2013 by SPIN. Offset’s lyrics  “ Bankroll on me keep me company (cash)” means he always has a stock of cash on him so he’ll be comfortable to spend his cash on jewelry and other things. Fan Tesfu Kerse McMillin  says, “They are a legendary group that have paved the way for younger artists.”

On their second mixtape Young Rich Nation, released on March 14, 2014, they collaborated with different rap stars. Fan Akeem Griffiths says, “Migos are the best rappers in the game because they give us motivation and hype from their lyrics such as, “Fifty-seven ninety, split the coupe on my wrist (ice).” The Migos are in front of every rap artists right now in the industry.

They released a couple of songs featuring different rap artists, like Nicki Minaj and Cardi B on their 2017 album Motorsports. That was the most rated single that they released in 2017. Fan Tesfu Kerse McMillin added, “They are the new culture and they have proven that their roots were the strength behind their movement.”

Fans waited on New Years Eve for the Migos to drop their next album, Culture I. A couple months later they released, Culture II, which put them on the Billboard again. Fan Tyreek Griffiths says, “ The Migos new album Culture II has been influenced by lots of people since they released it.”

Fan Akeem Griffiths say, “they should have won the Grammy already because of what they have done, but because the whole thing is run by white people it has not happened yet.” They are very talented and they have won a lot of platinum records and BET awards which  makes them undefeated.” The Migos are Fire.

Their single, “Drip,” featuring Cardi B, is on the way to the Billboard already. The Migos’ style is very unique. Fan Akeem Griffiths says, “Migos is one of the best rappers out there, and they always uplift and push people forward.” For certain, they are unstoppable at this moment.